Quality Time with the family

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 30, 2008
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
The ship was very clean and well decorated. The staff was continuously giving out sanitation wipes to all the guests to ensure cleanliness. VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!

There was a good selection each night. The quality was OK. The service was excellent.

We were a little dissapointed with the times available for the ice skating and inline skating arenas. The rock climbing wall also had limited times available to enjoy.

The staff was excellent. The kids club however should not close during the day @ all. The mid day closings made it difficult to schedule spa appointments.

The service was fantastic on this ship.

Elevators were were a bit slow. The ship overall though was easy to get around

We had an Owner's Suite. It was spacious and well maintained. Our cabin was close to dining and kid's activities which was great.
The beach and kids park was nice. The pushy sales people for trinkets was over the top
This port was difficult to get out of. It was a small shopping area which was average.
Don't Miss: Kids got their hair braided.... They loved it.
Don't Miss: Kids got their hair braided.... They loved it.
We went snorkeling with the Sting Rays. AWESOME!!!
Don't Miss: Sting Ray City
Dunns River Falls is a must see!!! The natives however were about as pushy as you can get. One went as far as giving my kids a wooden turtle and said to my 8 yr. old it was free. Then turned to me and insited I give him $20.00. To make a long story short, he didn't get the $20.00.... This made the trip to the falls something to talk about other than the falls.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
We went snorkeling with the Sting Rays. AWESOME!!!
Don't Miss: Sting Ray City

Pros: The service

Cons: The aggressiveness of the natives on the islands pushing their souvineers

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!