Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Family Vacation Ever!!

Sail Date: February 18, 2007

I sailed on the Mariner of the Seas along with my wife, 13 year old daugher, 18 year old son, my sister-in-law, her husband and thier 7 year old son for seven nights. All I can say is "WOW" the ship was beautiful. When I first stepped on I would have never guessed that this was a cruise ship. And to tell you the truth I wasn't that exited about going on a cruise (or the 24 hour drive to get to Florida) but my mind was changed as soon as I saw the beautiful centrum and royal promenade area. Another great thing about the Mariner of the Seas is that its so full of activities and things to do that at no time does anybody say "I'm bored" or " there's nothing fun to do around here", comments I had heard on previous vacations. My daughter went to the kids club called Adventure Ocean and made some new friends their, Adventure ocean has tons of activities scattered throughout the day. As for the nightlife on the boat, their is always something to do, with the 6+ bars, nightclub, casino, royal promenade (on boat mall, I know, cool right?) karokee, and shows, thier is always entertainment well into the morning (2 Am) for the whole family. My wife especially enjoyed the gym, spa, and Solarium, an adults only pool area with 2 hottubs, which is absolutly beautiful when you walk in it looks like a roman temple, with tile floors, and marble colums and statues. My wife and kids also enjoyed the pools. Now the pools have a plus and a downside: the plus, they are all heated, and when the seas are especially rocky they turn into wave pools. They also have a kiddie pool that is about 3 inches deep- however you might want to take your youngones out of the pool during high seas, because they could easily get knocked over. Now enough about the amenities, lets talk about the food. One night my family ate at Chops Grille, and it was the beast steak house I have ever been to, the service was great and the food was even better. However don't feel as if you need to eat out every night. There is also a buffet every night and the wonderful JADE sushi buffet in the Windjammer. Also the service in the Dining room was fabulous. I would call it fenonminal but i have no idea how to spell that. The people we sat with became more than just tablemates, they because cruise friends, and if they didnt live on the other side of the country we probably would have stayed friends. Our two waiters were great as well, the drinks waiter already had our usual drinks waiting when we got to the table. overall I can say without hesitation I am defininatly going on another Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas cruise again, and hopefully for longer because I was seriously considering stowing away for the next cruise- I didn't want to leave!!!

Pros: relaxing, no worries vacation, amazing ship

Cons: lunch/breakfast buffets, salt water pools

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Very poor island, I had no preferences for either the dutch or Frence side, I visited Bikini Beach, at orient beach, and my only complaints are that the fumes from the jet skis were strong and disgusting, and the peddelers were annoying abd over priced.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I went to Magen's Bay beach- it's one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world, and with my experiences thier i would say it's probably number 3 or 4, the water was bathtub temperature, deep blue, and sandy, no rocks or shells at the bottom with moderate surf, and the actual beach itself was wonderful, white sand, with palm trees ON THE SAND !! yes, palm tress that hun over into the water!! it is definatly something you dont want to miss!!!
Don't Miss: Magen Bay beach