The Cruise Test

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

7 Night Pacific Coastal (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 14, 2009
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
We have always traveled on the Holland America cruiseline; however, I wanted to see how "other" cruiselines rated in comparison to HA. Well, I will tell you the Mariner of the Seas is an absolutely beautiful ship and there is not one thing I can say I did not like or had trouble with. The rooms, although smaller in size, were well designed and we had no trouble in them. The food was very good and the staff was excellent. I have to say I really thought I probably would be disappointed about some things on a different line from what I was accustomed to, but I'm happy to say I would travel Royal Car. again in a minute.

Some shows were excellent and some were OK

Bathroom could be larger
great market
needed a gardens tour earlier in the day - the night tour interferred with dinenr

Pros: I liked the ports, the ship, the food and the staff

Cons: Other than the weather, no complaints

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!