Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

This was our first cruise. I wasn't sure what to expect (my husband's an ex-Navy man so sailing was not new to him) but I was NOT disappoointed. The food, staff, entertainment was all exceptional. I appreciated the Solarium area for adults only when I wanted a quieter space to relax in. The ice show was spectaular considering the condensed rink for the skaters. And after some 40 years I took a turn at ice skating too during the open skating. Having a balcony stateroom was also a plus. Anyone with motion sickness issues can appreciate fresh air (although I did not suffer from that) and it was great to wake up in the morning & walk outside. I would recommend this ship to anyone. My husband & I plan to cruise again and we hope it can be as memorable an experience as this one. A perfect 10!

Pros: Very spacious even in groups

Cons: Reservation for specialty restaurant was difficult to get. Would definitely recommend Chops & book before leaving home.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

This was our 25th anniversary but hadn't made a point of mentioning that to staff. On our last evening in the dining room it came up in a conversation while chatting with the staff. Our waiter went off for a minute & came back with 3 other waitstaff, a double chocolate brownie-complete with candle-and they sang to us! I cried. It was a perfect ending to a perfect cruise.
Fantastic from start to finish. Ice show, variety show, singing, dancing, comedians. We happen to be cruising over Halloween-which is not one my favorite holidays-but the promenade was all decked out and many people were in costume. It was just a lot of fun!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Catamaran Sailing & Snorkeling tour
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We did a lot of walking on our own.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Timing was good. This stop was our first full day after boarding. It was a good day to just relax, walk the beach or take a floating mat into the water.
Don't Miss: Wanderers' Beach