An Okay Time

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 09, 2007
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
The ship was beautiful. At first glance, I was very impressed. I had a great time exploring the ship from top to bottom. There was a lot to do. I did not bring my children, but I believe they would have a good time. I heard from parents that their kids were bored in the camp area, however older kids would have a great time in the pool, ice skating rink, mini golf area and arcade.

The food was not impressive. The dining room food was just okay and I didn't like any of the desserts that were offered. The sandwiches in the Seattle Coffee Bar were good though. The coffee was very good too. We orederd room service a few times. If you are hungry, order early. Each time we ordered we had to wait over 90 minutes.

A few of the shows were boring, but a couple of them were really good. There were some points though on the ship when NOTHING was going on at all and I found myself a little bored.

The staff at the Casino bar were especially friendly to us. We had a great time with them. Our Dining room staff was very friendly as well.

Very Clean, beautiful decor.

We did not get to visit this Port. The ship went through a rare tropical storm and the ship was incredibly rocky. To make a long story short, my husband was really sick and we went to the infirmery. He had diarreha and was vomitting. They thought he might have had the Norovirus, so we were both isolated in our room for 48 hours. I do not recommend seeing the Ship Dr. for stomach issues unless you don't mind being isolated for 2 days.
It was okay. There were several shops, but they all carried the same merchandise. We just hung out and relaxed on a hammock.
WE had a blast doing the Zip Line Tour. IT was fun!!!
Don't Miss: Zip Line

Pros: Drinks were good

Cons: Food

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!