Beautiful, Relaxing Ports...A Great Experience

Marina Cruise Review to South Pacific

Contributor Level: Second Mate

17 Night Pacific Journey (Tahiti To Lima)
Sail Date: April 04, 2015
Ship: Marina

I had a wonderful time, met amazing people (passengers and crew); it was a fun experience. Because this is a small ship, quickly it became a small community where conversations began easily over tea or dinner at one of the many dinner options. I returned disappointed with the Easter Island experience. On the arrival day, disembarkation was delayed for several hours, staff did not provide any information on how the delay affected scheduled excursions, so confusion and claims of discrimination were voiced related to the staff attitude. The excursions on Easter Island arranged by Marina are not recommended; they are too expensive and guides are not knowledgeable. Passengers who arranged their own excursions had the best time with experts from the island.

The French Polynesia is the most amazing place to visit; people were friendly and eager to share about their island. Nature is breath taking everywhere I went. I will love to go back again.

Unfortunately, there was a virus floating around the ship and was passed around by passengers/crew. I became sick just when we departed the French Polynesia, sore throat, cough and congestion. I spent 2 days in my cabin with sore throat, cough and fever. I have been home a few days and I am still having symptoms from the virus.

I am not a big eater, so this is not my strength to provide feedback.

Need a N/A option, did not go to any of the events

No children on this cruiseline

Cecilia (Italy) was the most friendly and provided over the top service and she made a point to acknowledge guests as she moved around the restaurants.

Lighting was awful; the bathroom has low lights and has dark ceramic, the room has one lighted mirror that did not provide any lighting when putting on makeup

Guests can make additional reservations at specialty restaurants; some of the most popular restaurants had waiting lists, though.

Papeete, Tahiti Did not visit port

Did not spend any time there.
The best island to buy Tahitian pearls.

Adamstown, Pitcairn Islands Did not visit port

We did not disembark
This port should be a 2 full days; there is too much to see. Because weather changes rapidly and has an impact on the disembarkation, Marina should adjust their time to allow more time on the island.
Went straight to the airport, not time to sightseeing.