Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Some parts of the trip were great... many just ok.

Sail Date: February 15, 2016

Our stateroom was marginally ok, and I guess my fault.  We booked an oceanview room on Deck 7.  Big mistake.  Our window wasn't oceanview.  It was deck view.  We had to keep our curtains shut whenever we were in the room, because people were continuously walking by.

Our servers in the dining room, Dwight and Vinnie were exceptional, as was the food.  The Windjammer Cafe was ok, but RC should at least have stations to allow people to bus their own tables if they choose.  15 minutes after breakfast started each morning, it was hard to find a table because if there wasn't someone sitting at a table, it was littered with plates, glasses and garbage.  I know the staff tried to keep up, but at peak times it was impossible for them to keep up with busing all the tables.

The comedian and juggler were very entertaining, but the singers and dancers were... well... ok.  And... I thought their choice of programming could have been a bit more varied.  One night it was a tribute to the blues, and the following night it was pretty much a tribute to 70s and 80s black singers/groups with Abba tossed in.

Finally, Coco Cay was OK, but nothing special.  We enjoyed the guy who took us out for the glass bottom boat tour, and applaud RC for having enough chairs/lounges on the island for everyone.  I think if we had kids, our kids would have enjoyed it.

When we booked our cruise, it was supposed to stop in Nassau, but once booked, the itinerary changed to include Freeport.  Freeport is NOT comparable to Nassau.  We booked our own tour on Freeport, basically because RC didn't offer much.  There really isn't much to see in Freeport.

Key West was a lot of fun.  We were able to book the trolley and see the island and learn a lot about it.  "Patterson", our driver, was great!

Finally, it seemed like EVERYTHING on the Majesty runs late.  Liquor tasting -- 20 minutes late.  Art Auction -- 40 minutes late.  Dock in Key West -- 1 hour late.  If they're going to post times, they should try to stick with them.  According to RC, we got into Key West an hour late due to high winds and tides.  Well... the night before pulling into Miami, we hit some pretty good weather because the boat was really swaying and rocking.  But... that didn't stop RC from getting into Miami on time to get us off the boat.

I know I've done a lot of complaining here.  Honestly, we had an ok time.  I guess I was just expecting MORE.  Maybe our expectations were too big.

RC should make it known that "Ocean View" rooms on Deck 7 are not ocean view, but deck view where everyone walking by can look into your room.

Do not book this trip if they are stopping in Freeport instead of Nassau. Do not book an Ocean View room on Deck 7.