Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun time on Majesty of the Seas for my 50th birthday!

Sail Date: March 30, 2015

Getting on the ship was effortless, very organized. The ship itself has seen better days. Even though the ship was clean, you could see the wear on the chairs, tables throughout the ship.

The food was not exceptional during breakfast or lunch. The dinner meals were good with a variety of meats each night, from salmon to steak, though they do charge for lobster. We did decide to go into the restaurant for breakfast the last two mornings, to see if the breakfast was possibly any better. It actually was hot and not warm like the breakfast bar. RCL does offer Johnny Rocket burgers, but there is a surcharge of I believe $5.95, and if you want Mexican food, a surcharge of $12.95. On Carnival they have Guy's burger bar, included with your fare and a Mexican grill, no charge either. So, we did not try the Mexican food or JR burgers. I could certainly understand charging for a nice dining experience, but for a burger? I wasn't impressed with this at all. On another down side, you can't bring bottled water on the ship, like on Carnival. Yes, you have to pay for bottled water. If you like Evian, you can pay a nice the price for that each day.

Since this was a short cruise being in a port each day we did not take full advantage of the ship's offerings in the entertainment, which did lack going by the daily agenda given out. We did catch the comedy acts each night, totally worth it. My daughter and I watched the last night Boogie Night musical, it was a little cheesy, but fun! My husband did purchase the premium drink package, with gratuity it was over $200. But well worth it, as the drinks can be very expensive, $7 for a single beer, $15 for a mixed drink.

The room itself was very small and cramped, no storage whatsoever for your clothes, except to hang them up or use the 4 small desk drawers . We opted for an inside room, since we didn't have sea days, actually glad we did, since we were off the ship during the day and out and about in the evenings. Previous cruises we have always had a room with a balcony, it is so worth it while at sea, to go out and kick back with a drink or coffee in the morning. We didn't spend anytime in the room, but to sleep and get ready for dinner. Our porter Rocky was very attentive, did a very good job taking care of us and our needs!

We thoroughly enjoyed our port days at Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West. Coco Cay being my favorite, I was worried with previous posts that we may not get to see Coco Cay, depending on the weather. Perfect weather! I spent my 50th birthday relaxing on the beach with a drink at hand! The cruise line serves bbq on the island, it was really good, with ribs, burgers, hot dogs, potato salad being served.

I honestly do not know if we will go on RCL again, if we did, it would only be because of Coco Cay, I absolutely loved the island! There are pros and cons with every cruise line, but with this being a smaller ship there wasn't a lot to offer in entertainment. But then again we were there to see the different ports. I will compliment the staff of the RCL, they were extremely friendly, everywhere we went we were greeted.  On another note, taking previous cruises on Carnival, I could certainly tell different kind of individuals on this cruise, more with children and older couples. The RCL seems a little more tame, if that is the correct word.

This ship has seen better days!
Nothing to write home about.
small and cramped, no storage for clothes, etc.
Very friendly!
The comedy acts were so worth staying up for!
Seen a few activities, singing and dancing at pool, very entertaining.
The glass bottom boat in Coco Cay was very interesting and captivating!
Miami, Florida
The many different beaches and eating places!
Cabbage beach is beautiful, take cab from port is $4.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Piece of tropical paradise!
Key West, Florida
Unfortunately didn't have much time here, but it is beautiful!

The ship is a smaller ship, it is definitely easy to find your way around.