Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Just Incrdedible!

Sail Date: March 28, 2011

The ship was very nice, clean,organized, crew was friendly. The food was very good, many options. We had a couple vegetarians in our group and we had no problem finding good tasting and satisfying meals. There was plenty to do, and just as nice, time to relax.

Pros: We enjoyed our day at CoCo Cay the most, wish it had been the 'long' day.

Cons: Liked Nassau(the area around the dock) the least, but it was better in Atlantis.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Organized, clean, very nice! Just a wonderful/tropical atmosphere.
Excellent food/ choices for us vegetarians, too! I loved the windjammer breakfasts/lunches/atmosphere!
We were in a junior suite with e a balcony - I highly recommend getting a balcony. It was heavenly sitting outside in the mornings and evenings, listening to the waves. We found everything to be clean an in order. very nice! One thing though, is that there is no iron. You can pay to have your items pressed, so make sure you pack neatly and iron b4 you get on board. I was happy to have a coffee maker in our room. Evngeline took care of us and she was very helpful/ cheerful- always smiling!
Missed our dinner one night and the head waiter was very accommodating; it was fun and interesting to meet new people and hear how much fun they were having.
didn't really get to see any shows, but had fun relaxing and having a few drinks after playing all day. Really enjoyed the band by the pool and the fun contests - belly flop, etc.
Key West, Florida
We went on a trolley (hop on hp off) which was nice bc we could get off wherever we wanted. We went to Hemmingway's house (cat lovers!) It was interesting, but once is enough. Liked brwosing shops, would have liked to stay later into the evening here, rather than creepy Nassau.
Don't Miss: Had a drink/appetizer at Sloppy Joes.
Went on a horse/carriage ride,which was ok, but the town is creepy. Then took a cab to the beach near Atlantis which was very nice, walked to Atlantis and checked out the grounds which were incredible. I had really wanted to do the sea lion encounter, but it was already booked. Book this, Dolphin, or seahorse snorkel ahead of time, they book up fast! The town closes up very early at night, which is good, beacause people there harrass you. Don't know why this was the 'long day'. Building were very run down. Definitley go to the Island beach for your day here or book an activity.The water is crystal clear! My adult kids went to Senior Frogs and liked it very much.
Don't Miss: Beautiful beaches (on island), Aquarium Atlantis. Our kids went snorkeling at a reef and loved it!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Just loved this part of the adventure.a great, relaxing, beachy day! Loved the colorful buildings/atmosphere. Great Reggae band! The snorkeling rental was reasonable- saw some amazing fish! The island is very clean, wish they had veggie burgers or veggie dogs...I also went on a nature walk by myself and got some great bird pictures. The only down here was when I bought a shirt and the lady upped the price on me, first she said it was $15 then gave me $2 back out of $20. When I questioned her she gave me a big speel, but we were late getting back to the shop and didn't have time to argue. Then the darn shirt shrunk when I got it home. Adult kids had a wonderful time on wave runners. There are plenty of chairs in the shade too! I would be happy to go back and spend 3 days here!
Don't Miss: Definitley Snorkle!