Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas

Sail Date: November 06, 2006

Not a very new ship, built in the early 90's but for the price it was a nice bargin. Staff was excellent as was the food and shows. We had a handicap friend with us and even being down on deck 2 it was not an issue although the hallways were a bit tight if there was stuff like dinner trays in the aisle. The ship is scheduled for a face lift in the next month or so, it will probably be even nicer after that I suspect.

Pros: Excellent Staff and Food especially for the price.

Cons: Older Ship but nothing really wrong with it.

Recommends Majesty of the Seas? Yes!

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Bad weather cut us short here but I've been there in good weather and it is really nice. I did snorkeling and a jet ski this trip, jet ski got cancelled and snorkeling was very limited because the water was really rough. Last trip I did scuba and snorkeling and it was awesome, saw lots of fish including some big rays. Guess they can not control the weather, truth be I'm glad I got back in one piece this time. Also we had to leave before the cookout which was really fun the last time also.
Don't Miss: Cookout on the beach, snorkeling (if the water is clear), lots of water sports.
Nassau is OK, because of the wheel chair we were a bit limited but took the water shuttle over to Atlantis and that was fun. Also did some shopping in the straw market. Truth be we were in port a bit longer then we really wanted to be.
Don't Miss: Atlantis, on a prior cruise we had done the Pirate Tour with some teenagers and that was great also.
Key West, Florida
Because of the wheel chair we did something a bit different here, we rented a convertable for 4 hours on the internet before we got there and mapped our own tour. I'd recommend that over the other options now, it was cheap transportation and we saw a lot of Key West at our leasure and even managed to check out a couple more keys up US1, then got dropped off at the ship and did the shopping thing for a couple of hours. Do not go to Hemingway's house if you have cat issues BTW. Margatritaville was just a store/bar (tourist trap)
Don't Miss: Southern most point in US, the board walk, sunset pictures from the boat turned out really nice.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Key West, Florida