Maasdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Wonderful - one of my best vacations!!

Sail Date: October 03, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this vacation...The ship, the staff, the food, the drinks, the destinations...and my partner.  The ship was the perfect size.  Large enough to be large and small enough to be attentive to everyone!!  Thank you

Our stewart, Oki , was very friendly and nice...
It was very easy. I needed to get on board in Quebec instead. The reservation person contacted Holland America and everyone was very accommodating. It was easy.
Curtis and Cristo made the Art auction/exhibit interesting and enjoyable. Robert was helpful. Alice and Richard in the MIX were great. The martini mixer was fun. and learning to make the drinks were great. Chocolate trivia was enjoyable as was name that tune.

I was disappointed with the Dancing with the Stars. It was not explained well. I love ballroom dance and even do a nice job!! I wanted to participate but my partner doesn't dance. The staff said come to the front and we will teach you the dances. people came as partners and two single people paired up....They did not say you could be a single person, or that you would be dancing with a staff member....I would have like to have done it, but just watched the instructions the first day then left....
Great costumes and talent.
Rahil, worked where you got on and off the ship. He was nice, friendly and helpful. I arrived a day after the start of the cruise and he allowed me to feel comfortable.

Front desk staff were also amazing, but I am unfortunately forgetting their names...maybe Gabrielle, Charlotte, Maylene, Melanie
Dangit, Herlana, Ronnie, Ade, These are some of the staff that were also helpful, friendly, and kind. Every person on the ship was like that, but several people stand out. Dindo and Richard were great bar tenders. Took care of their patrons!!

I perfect size ship...big enough to have many amenities, small enough to be known by staff. Food delicious and service great. Staff - amazing!!