That's what I'm talkin about!

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 31, 2016
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

After a couple of mediocre cruises, I was worried that the excitement had worn off. But this one was excellent and reminded me why I love cruising! This despite the fact that our itinerary was changed on day one due to Hurricane Earl. No Belize or Honduras for us. Rerouted to Nassau instead, and we kept Cozumel but did it earlier in the week.

The crew on the ship stayed in an excellent mood and the cruise was a blast anyway. Spent a ton of time by the pool, trying out some of the features of the ship we hadn't used before, and generally being happy.

Tried some of the specialty restaurants this time! Pass on Chops (poor service and the food wasn't that different from main dining) but Sabor was so good we returned more than once!

Tried the wine tasting and had fun with that. The shopping seemed a little better too!

Didn't attend a lot of shows or music this time so I can't really say. The comedian was funny.

OH DEAR. I know it can't be helped, but this was the "Autism on the Seas" weekend. The pool was great for tanning but not great for swimming. I know the kids can't help it but it was not a "sharing" situation in there this time around.

Did a great job of making the most of a changed itinerary.

Bring magnetic chip clips! The walls are magnetic and you can hang up your Cruise Compasses and receipts and stuff out of the way.

Pretty fun! Stayed in Houston at the Tremont...beautiful and classy!
Didn't get to go.

Belize City, Belize Did not visit port

Didn't get to go.
Unexceptional port town. Beautiful beaches and fun little bars.