Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

That's what I'm talkin about!

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

After a couple of mediocre cruises, I was worried that the excitement had worn off. But this one was excellent and reminded me why I love cruising! This despite the fact that our itinerary was changed on day one due to Hurricane Earl. No Belize or Honduras for us. Rerouted to Nassau instead, and we kept Cozumel but did it earlier in the week.

The crew on the ship stayed in an excellent mood and the cruise was a blast anyway. Spent a ton of time by the pool, trying out some of the features of the ship we hadn't used before, and generally being happy.

Cruise Photos

I had already been to Cozumel and Nassau a few times, and we specifically chose Belize and Honduras for somewhere new. But RC couldn't help the hurricane.
Tried the wine tasting and had fun with that. The shopping seemed a little better too!
OH DEAR. I know it can't be helped, but this was the "Autism on the Seas" weekend. The pool was great for tanning but not great for swimming. I know the kids can't help it but it was not a "sharing" situation in there this time around.
Didn't attend a lot of shows or music this time so I can't really say. The comedian was funny.
Did a great job of making the most of a changed itinerary.
Tried some of the specialty restaurants this time! Pass on Chops (poor service and the food wasn't that different from main dining) but Sabor was so good we returned more than once!
Galveston, Texas
Pretty fun! Stayed in Houston at the Tremont...beautiful and classy!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras Didn't get to go.
Belize City, Belize Didn't get to go.
Unexceptional port town. Beautiful beaches and fun little bars.

Bring magnetic chip clips! The walls are magnetic and you can hang up your Cruise Compasses and receipts and stuff out of the way.