Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good Time but not great!

Sail Date: May 15, 2016

I have cruised 5 times now, and have made all the ports I am interested in, and some of them twice, so this cruise was a little disappointing, since nothing ever changes on these ships.  The games, activities, and much of the entertainment is always the very same thing.  We have participated in most of the excursions we want to try, and so now we just go to the beaches at each port.  I wish the cruise lines would add some variety to their activities on board.  It gets kind of boring, even though still relaxing.  Their drink packages are not worth it, especially if you want iced tea - it's not available at any of the food areas except the Windjammer which is not easy to get to, and even they do not keep tea made.  I was disappointed in the drink package!  This ship was just remodeled, but I could not see any big differences in it and any other Royal Caribbean ship I have been on.  All in all - if you've never cruised, it would be fun, but after several cruises, I am ready for a different type of vacation.

I have always had a balcony or oceanview room, but this time opted for the interior - the rooms all feel the same size, unless you get a suite. The interior room was less pricey, and you are not in your room much.
We always just pay a porter to help us in and out of the terminal, and even though it was storming when we returned, the porters helped a great deal and we had no problems with customs.
Get ready to walk from the front to the back of the ship - a lot! Entertainment all on one end and food on the other. Very difficult to get from one end to the other without going through Casino for some events - which is awful smelling - too much smoke!
We enjoyed the snorkeling and beach break excursion on Cozumel. They kept the drinks coming and were very fun. Very nice beach to relax on with many other things to do while at the beach for everyone.
As mentioned before, the activities have stayed too much the same - Love & Marriage game, 70's night the very same, Adult Scavenger Hunt the same, etc
No children with us, but there seems to be a lot for children - many new slides, mini golf, etc.
JR Neal at the piano bar was the best thing onboard - fun, different every night and very personable. Otherwise, the shows were just okay. For some reason, the talent level of singers, dancers and ice skaters did not seem to be as good on this ship, even though it's one their larger ships.
We did have great service from all staff, porters and guest services desk. The shore excursion people are rather rude though, especially the older gentleman.
The food is not great, so do not expect much. They try to make fancy appetizers and entrees, but it's just bland, and small portions. We did like the MyTime Dining where you could basically go to dinner at any time you wanted and even with 4500 on board, we never had to wait in line.
Galveston, Texas
We drove to Galveston - but stayed about 30 minutes away the night before in a small town, Alvin, Tx. It was great not to be in a big city, but still had plenty of nice places to eat dinner.
Great snorkeling!
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went to the public beach - it was very small and crowded. We had been on all the excursions on previous trips - but turtle, dolphin and stingrays are always fun here.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Royal Caribbean port in Falmouth is the best for shopping for souvenirs and liquor, coffee, etc. It is clean and wide open. The Blue Waters Beach was very relaxing.

The cruise shopping guide will encourage you to shop and come to their shopping events on board - I have never found any great deals at any of the ports. I only bought a few souvenir gifts at the last port for my grandkids. I would not waste my vacation time shopping. Go to the beaches!