Liberty of the Sea cruise

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 21, 2016
Ship: Liberty of the Seas

Husband and I were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary on the Liberty of the Sea cruise to Jamaica and Cozumel.  We were suppose to also go to Grand Cayman but due to incremental weather we were not allowed off the cruise ship.  disappointing but understandable for safely reasons.  The nightly shows and entertainment were stellar, our balcony room was wonderful but the bed was extra firm so I didn't sleep too well.  The drink packages cost a LOT, even more than our cruise and of course I had to over indulge to "get my monies worth".  The pools felt good on a hot day but ice cold on chilly days.  Food was "eh" in the Windjammer but better in the main dining room and service was superb in the dinning room.  Lot's of extra's to do on board for an additional cost like bingo, gambling, classes, spa services.  Again, I spent more money on the extra charges than what it cost to cruise so..... be prepared to spend a LOT MORE MONEY on board.  We did save some money by booking directly with other companies at the ports of call instead of booking through RC.  Excursion days were my favorite days and we had a blast.

Very nice room and spacious but beds are very firm and pillows were flat.

Definitely plan ahead for excursions. I highly recommend vising the Blue Hole on Jamaica. It's a long, adventurous drive but totally worth it! Also recommend Cozumel Jeep Tours which is a private jeep tour around the island and they will take you anywhere and let you do anything you want. th

George Town, Grand Cayman Did not visit port

Storm was coming in and because you have to tender into port, RC deemed it to unsafe so we were unable to see the island or do any activieis