Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Liberty of the Seas - 7nt Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 07, 2016

We are back from our cruise on Royal Caribbean's the Liberty of the Seas. There were 9 of us onboard. We had such a great time bonding and including new friendships, some new to the cruising experience. You can not say enough good things about times like this! We had a wonderful time. There are alot of pictures that I was not able to share from onboard due to the internet connection but in time, I will share some of them with all of you.

This was my 17th cruise and my first as a Diamond Member of Royal Caribbean. I was able to find my diamond Crown and Anchor Necklace that I had been wanting for years. And I wore it proudly all week long. It was just meant to be as Royal Caribbean just brought them back after discontinuing them years ago.

Our experience on the Liberty of the Seas was not a smooth as our previous cruises. New crew? Not sure but every single department and system seemed to fail across the board. We were patient with all of them as they were all very sweet and pleasant. It was the Management or possibly just returning from drydock. My Time dining was a fiasco night after night until we took control of the situation and with their help, we managed to smooth things out the last 3 nights. This was our first time to try it and fairly sure we won't do that again. No one was unpleasant, it was just disorganized.

Regarding formal night, it was a complete waste of time.  People showed up in ball caps, sweatsuits, bathing suit cover ups, flip flops, etc.  Why bother having a formal night if people are allowed to come dressed for a outdoor BBQ?  The cruise lines need to decide if their going to have formal night then force people to dress appropriately or ditch the idea all together. They can go to the Windjammer dressed anyway they want.

Liberty of the Seas refurbishment included alot of kid amenities and lot of kids followed. They were all well behaved and adorable but for us moving forward, we're not doing the kid cruises again and probably not out of Galveston.

There were alot of handicapped on the motorized carts which are wonderful for those that want to cruise. But the cruise lines need to accommodate those carts in a better fashion. One lady had one and allowed her 3 yr old grandson to drive it crashing into the pillars in the Windjammer and running over people with plates of food. No one did anything and she just laughed it off. They certainly own the highway and that can be dangerous. Others were very considerate but it's difficult for them as some of the passengers are not accommodating. Need a new system with these motorized carts and the elevators. These motorized carts are growing in number on each passing cruise. They certainly need to be looked at and a better plan needs to be discussed.

We are all loyal Royal Caribbean cruises and we shared our comments with the cruise line. We will continue to be loyal Royal Caribbean cruises. Just an observation of a ship fresh out of drydock and ill prepared to be at sea. Some of the passengers were outright horrible in their behavior but the staff stayed firm and pleasant. What a job! They did a great job at remaining composed and pleasant. Hats off to the crew for their efforts. Maybe after a few sailings, all the bugs will be worked out. We appreciated all of their efforts and tipped them accordingly. This is not a easy career.

We booked our next cruise on Celebrity Cruise Lines for 11 days in 2017 while onboard. Aruna in NextCruise was wonderful! Hats off to that girl! We had so much fun with her booking this trip. If your onboard the Liberty of the Seas, drop by and book your next cruise with Aruna! You'll get a great price and onboard credit that you will never get once you disembark.

To all my friends who have joined me in my cruise journey, thank you for your friendship and companionship. New friendships have been formed and we're all enjoying seeing the world from our cruise ship balcony with cocktails in hand! Until our next cruise! Rest up ... we're not done yet!

Cruise Photos