Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Didn't want it to end - FANTASTIC cruise

Sail Date: January 26, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The Liberty of the Seas was beautiful - everything I anticipated a mega-ship would be.

Pros: Food, Windjammer Staff, Ice Skating Show, H2O Zone

Cons: Embarkation lines, tender lines in Labadee

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Jamaica is never my favorite stop because I never feel like I can just wander off like other ports. We did a glass bottom boat - which really was a little old boat with a dirty glass bottom...not impressed AT all. I regretted not taking the excursion to Margaritaville and the beach.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
We had a great time, until it rained in the afternoon. The beach was nice, but not even close to the best I've been to. I did the Waverunner Experience and got to ride with a griup on a brand new Sea Doo - TONS of fun! Word of caution - you might not enjoy this if you're not an experienced rider because you ride at full speed for most of the hour. Good times!
Don't Miss: Waverunner Experience!
George Town, Grand Cayman
We went on the Seaworld Explorer - a semi-submarine and the Jolly Roger tour. I've swam with stingrays befoe so we skipped that. The semi-submarine was great - we even got to explore two old ship wrecks. The Jolly Roger essentially was a guy dressed up like a pirate driving a jeep and pulling a trailer with rows of seats - pretty basic but a nice overview of the island.
We did the Deluxe Beach Break at Playa Mia...which included transportation, an open bar, buffet lunch, and games. We had a nice relaxing afternoon - it was a really great beach! I wish we would have rented the Segways...next time!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Don't Miss: Waverunner Experience!
George Town, Grand Cayman