Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Old ship, OK food, Old crowd

Sail Date: November 15, 2015

The itinerary sounded exciting, and we definitely got some cool dives in, but overall I would never recommend a cruise to any of my friends. I have cruised RC before - Radiance ship - when I was 20 and in college. That was a fun trip! This one was just not up to par. The islands are all the same - we didn't book any excursions through RC because they were all pretty...lame....but we did Barbados Blue dives, those were awesome. I also recommend just walking to a beach in Antigua (they have the most beaches). We didn't even get off the ship at St. Croix - stayed on board to get tan - overall we limited our on board spending. I just don't think this was the kind of thing 20 somethings should be doing yet. Maybe when I'm 70, like the rest of the people on board.  OH & activities on the ship were horrible. We love Las Vegas shows and entertainment but this was just incredibly different. Not good at all. I recommend Portofino and Chops if you want good food. The Windjammer made my insides hurt. Like high school cafeteria all over again.

The stateroom attendant was very nice.
Fast, easy.
Old and dirrrty!
Do your own excursions.
Casino and movies - and of course the pool. We made our own corn hole tournament, which was fun!
SO BAD. not funny, not entertaining. Painful.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
GO TO CAFECULTURA - irish coffee rocks here
Bridgetown, Barbados
Do a 2 tank dive with Barbados Blue at the Hilton!
St. John's, Antigua
If you walk to the beach, bring a bodyguard. Or just be brave and follow the map, it's about 2 miles.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Just stay in the port area! Or plan to take a trip to St. Barths - I definitely want to go back and dive here.

The spa staff won't tell you, but you can totally go into the spa steam and sauna rooms any time during open hours. It is NEVER busy - always calm and peaceful - and their 'relaxation' area never has anyone in it. I take a book and enjoy hot tea and lemon water down there. Afternoon nap anyone?!