Stay Away

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 05, 2013
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
This was my first time cruising with Royal Caribbean- Jewel of the Seas. I've been on several cruises with NCL. My experience was not so great. After having my luggage yanked for NO reason whatsoever, I had to stand in a line about 50 deep in the bowels of the cruise ship to get it back. Did I mention there was NO air on? Apparently they thought we were one of the 50 who didn't adhere to the rules- no irons, no booze. We were not.

I'm 34 and my dinner mates consisted of age group 70+. The food was sub par. I picked up dirty plates at the buffet. The Solarium, which was supposed to be "adult only" was plagued by children. The rock wall was open for all of 2 hrs daily for you and 2,500 people to share. Entertainment geared toward elderly. Not a whole lot to do on ship.

Disembarking was TERRIBLE! I've never seen such a mess.

All I know is I will NEVER cruise Royal again. NCL is the way to go. Eat anytime and they have their stuff together.

Not a great selection

Not a great selection of entertainment

Great staff