Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Canada and Maine

Sail Date: October 15, 2011

The ship is clean, beautiful and well staffed.

Pros: The dancing - just not nearly enough!

Cons: Getting off in Bar Harbor - what a mess!

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

When I called the last morning to ask why our breakfast had not been brought to our room I was told there was no room service and that was explained in the information about the last day. I read the info and reread it. There was no indication about there being no room service. Otherwise staff was wonderful but this call got me an argument instead of a simple 'I am sorry'. Hmmm.......
There was some wonderful live music and the Bogard and Boyd group did great dance music. There just wasn't enough of it and the Centrum was way too small and crowded. A lot of people wanted to dance and it didn't seem like they were able to accomodate that.
Portland, Maine
I especially enjoyed the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow home. Also the Portland Art Museum which was not even mentioned in the ship's list of things to do and see. A friend had told us about it.
Saint John, New Brunswick
It rained almost the entire time so we rode the big Pink Bus and stopped at the museum and markets.
Don't Miss: I thought the Reversing Falls were interesting and I don't think they were over rated.
Bar Harbor, Maine
Cadillac Mountain was fantastic. Gorgeous views. The place is a bit small for a day - but the seas were choppy so couldn't go out.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Lewis Maud art at the art museum was great. The Citadel also.