Fall Foilage on The Jewel of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

7 Night Canada/New England (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 23, 2010
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
This is the second time in six months I have traveled on The jewel of the seas. my first was transatlantic in may. The most recent was Oct. 2010. I appreciate the size of the Jewel, not too small, or too big. The jewel is well kept, clean & still shining upon the waves. The buffet is reasonable in food quality. The food selections are mostly boring, always the same foods every day & the fish is always dried out. the casino on both trips was just bad in services. The slot machines were highly unreliable without service techs to come to assist whatsoever & the waiter service was non existent. On most is almost annoyed by the drink service requests. On this ship if you want a drink one has to stop playing & go to the bar to get a beverage. the cabin & attendant was very good. The entertainment is always good on RCCL. The fun level needs improvement on this ship. I do not think I would sail on the Jewel in the future, as two times was enough for me.

food is reasonable, however I expected greater quality,selections & diversity. Lesser priced cruise lines had higher selection & quality preparations & food selections.

loved the magician, comedy was boring. dancing was very entertaining. lounge musicians could only work on cruise ships. no one would pay to hear them play off ship.

as expected without incidents

clean & colorful & cabin size & service was good
I always love this tiny port, excellent sea food & old time shops with lots of atmosphere.
Don't Miss: lobster rolls & beer

Pros: The Colors of the Season of Fall

Cons: Casino Service & Smoke Enviroment

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? No.