Our Family Plays Together

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

5 Night Canada/New England (Boston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 21, 2006
My children and I travelled on the Jewel of the Sea to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
We had two staterooms . Although we were offered an upgrade, we didn't take advantage of it. We had an inside room and would have enjoyed the view. but we all agreed to stay put.

This was my third cruise, my second with Royal Carribbean. I liked the decor of the ship. The activities on the ship were enjoyable. I liked the way food was presented. We sat down for dinner as a family. but enjoyed the buffet for breakfast (& lunch if we were aboard ship). There was a nice variety.

All staff was courteous, helpful and pleasant. The shows after dinner were most enjoyable.I especially liked the gym (treadmills & machines as well as the free weights) My family took advantage of this everyday.
This lovely little city had nice shops to visit.
Unfortunately it rained all day in this port which took away from the visit.
We took a Grey Line city tour. I think it would have been better if we took a tour where the bus stopped and we could stroll around some of the places of interest. But our guide on the bus was very good so we got a lot of information about this nice city.
Unfortunately it rained all day in this port which took away from the visit.
This lovely little city had nice shops to visit.

Pros: Ship was lovely, rooms were nice, service good

Cons: Would have liked a younger crowd.

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!