Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

A Sensational Cruise

Sail Date: October 26, 2006

My husband and I were celebrating our 36th anniversary and also we needed to rest after a recent tragedy in our family. This cruise was the right place to do both. The ship is beautiful. The crew is knowledgable and kind and attentive. Check-in is smooth and seamless .We have been on many cruises and found this one to feel not only elegant but it still seemed to feel comfortable and friendly too. Our stateroom was wonderful. It was large and so comfortable. We even had a wonderful nap on our veranda. I feel relaxed and pampered on this trip. I

Pros: There are floor to ceiling windows all over with beautiful views of the ocean. clean and spacious

Cons: ther was nothing We did not like. We have been on 15 cruises and this was the most relaxing one we have ever been on. We did not need a vacation to recover from our vacation!!

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

When I mentioned to Alma, our waiter , that I could not have wheat, barley,etc. She said "do you mean gluten?" When I said "yes" she said that she would not only get gluten free bread, but she gave me the next dinner menu to pick out what I wanted and the chef would prepare it for me the next day glutenfree!! Also, Susanna, a head waiter inthe morning and afternoon made sure that I got gluten free french toast in the morning and gluten free meals at lunch. That was so special. I have only known that I needed gluten-free food sinc May, and this is my first cruoise with dietary restrictions.
room with veranda---------priceless!!!
the stress of not worrying about a glutenfree diet was such a relief. The staff knew all about this need. It shows that there is ongoing training. I am truly impressed. Even in restaurants on land not everyone knows what you mean, and they are serving one party at a time. On a cruise they are serving over a thousand AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! and still the food and service is so personalized. I am in awe.
entertainment was great. Royal Caribbean sets the standard for quality shows.
King's Wharf, Bermuda