Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

awesome alaska

Sail Date: May 22, 2006

We thought the ship was great, and we enjoyed most the anytime dining. We prefer to dine alone, rather than with a number of other people, so that met our needs extremely well.

Pros: activities at the ports of call

Cons: number of days spent on the boat with no ports to get off

Skagway, Alaska
very quaint town, and saw a whale on our kayaking trip in Haines. I would go back here. We also rented bikes and road around town. Great little town.
Don't Miss: Kayaking in Haines
Ketchikan, Alaska
Liked the town, and would come back. The fishing was expensive not to get a bite, and the sportfishing was longer than 4 hours, without a drink or lunch offered. If you're going to continue to offer this vendor, I would tell passengers to bring food and drink.
Don't Miss: not sure.....
Skagway, Alaska
Don't Miss: Kayaking in Haines
Juneau, Alaska
The whale watching was awesome, but I wasn't impressed with Juneau. There was a cool little cafe we found right across from the marina.
Don't Miss: whale watching and the Mendenhall glacier.
Juneau, Alaska
Don't Miss: whale watching and the Mendenhall glacier.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Don't Miss: not sure.....