The Greatest Alaskan Cruise

Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska Voyage Of The Glaciers Southbound (Whittier To Vancouver)
Sail Date: August 14, 2006
Ship: Island Princess
The Island Princess was a beautiful ship. The ship catered to your every whim. The food was unbelievable and my husband and I ate because we just could. The shows at night were excellent. The excursions we took were very interesting. The guides were very informative. My husband enjoyed the casino also. The space in the cabin was well utilized.

In Juneau we went on a whale watch. We did indeed see whales, as well as sea lions and bald eagles. The amenity I liked the best was the opportunity the crew gave you to hear the sounds underneath the water. Unfortunately the whales were not communicating that day, but that was the first whale watch I went on that they gave you the opportunity to hear them if they were communicating.
This was a great town. Known as the first town of Alaska. The shopping was wonderful.

Pros: The scenery and the beautiful Island Princess

Cons: The unfortunate rainy days we had