Almost Awesome.. But?

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 04, 2016
Ship: Independence of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

I just returned so my review is fresh: 1.  I had a Junior Suite on the rear of the boat-7th floor.  I would not travel in anything less than a jr. Suite and I am single in a double suite.  The food was great.  I ate at Chops Grill with friends.  Yes the Elbow and Armpit ( Windjammer) is good but the service at the Restaurants is good for dinner.  I ate at the Romeo and Juliet restaurant for breakfast.  I would encourage people to SIT DOWN to eat at the restaurants and eat at the Windjammer for lunch.

I get sick of seeing people 24-7 in bathing suits.

There were more young people on this cruise than even the younger crowd that you think is on Carnival.

The Cruise Director was old and not as enthusiastic or enough activities.  Like they even wrote " Library activity?"  Like what's that about? Verbs and Nouns.

The Karoke Bar was the best.  It was packed.  It was more like a fun talent show than just singing the words   Greg London was there as a professional entertainer and one comic. There was one comic on the cruise.  Granted it was only 5 days however I think it was a little bland.

This ship had the smoking areas everywhere.  4th deck. and even around the pool.  A little too much.  Of course the casino was nothing but a foggy choking smoke that stunk up the whole area.

I think there should be more children's activities:  Painting and some crafts. All kids can't swim or go to video games.  There should be a Children's Cruise director if these cruise lines want parents and children as guests.

I do like the interactive TV that one can purchase excursions etc.  Then your steward brings the tickets.  If you  purchase prior to boarding they are in your suite when you arrive.

What would I ask for to make it complete?  I guess I like Carnival because of the

drinks.  On Carnival there is an open area of soft drinks and coffee.  You don't have to buy the drink package.  On RC they would give you pizza-pepperoni or cheese.  On Carnival there were chefs who made special orders as regular orders-  AND you didn't have to pay for the soft drink - on RC you did.  Bummer.

Awesome would never travel in any other size.

Independence of the Seas. I think there could be more mixers. Only the LGBT and Scrapbooks... go figure.