Not the best cruise I've ever taken

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 31, 2016
Ship: Independence of the Seas

If you are looking for a relaxing getaway, this could be for you. I went on this cruise with intentions of spending time with my friends and that is what I was able to do. There are plenty of spaces to sit and share each others company and we found many activities we were interested in.  Our room was kept spotless and clean  for the entire cruise, but I will mention that I stepped on a piece of glass and cut my foot in the room on the first evening. Our cabin steward was extremely nice and did an excellent job. The overall appearance of the ship was a reasonably good, but I felt the need to sit on a towel in any of the lounging chairs by the pool. The cushions were stained and not clean. Also the public washrooms were quite clean,  but the more highly trafficked ones could have used more attention.  We felt that  The entertainment was of excellent quality. Where the ship mostly fell down for me it was in the dining. I just cannot stress how disappointed I was in the quality of the food. In the past, we have enjoyed the dining room immensely.  Breakfast and lunch  were okay, but the dinners were unbelievably poor. I cannot stress this enough. I felt like I was being served in a bargain basement diner. The food was poorly cooked and in most cases not hot. Most importantly, it was of extreme low quality. To the point where, I ordered scallops  and I was served fake precessed fish!!!!! The shrimps were basically inedible. And I am just not sure how the vegetables were cooked so badly. No one in our group was satisfied with the food. I am extremely annoyed that I was served such poor quality and told that I should spend the extra money for the specialty dining. No one in our group had budgeted for that. What I will say about the dining room was that the service was excellent. Our servers were named James and Hiladio. No one in our group had budgeted for that. What I will say about the dining room was that the service was excellent. Our servers were named James and Hiladio.  We could not have asked for them to treat us any better. They elevated the dining experience greatly.

Overall, I would say that if you're looking for a quick getaway, this experience fits the bill. But again, I will not stress enough how disappointed I was in being fed such poor quality food. I would definitely consider this before booking again:(

TERRIBLE