Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Best vacation of my life!!

Sail Date: February 08, 2016

My husband, myself, and some of our friends decided on this cruise to celebrate our one year anniversary married! We traveled on the Brilliance of the Sea's ship in 2014 for our honeymoon and fell in love with cruising. This trip we wanted to explore a little more of the ports we got to visit. All the staff was so courtesy, attentive, fun, and kind to us. They truly have some of the best staff in the world. There was so many activities to keep us busy and tons of fun opportunities to meet people and enjoy our five week get away. Jamaica was fun to shop around and meet some of the locals who craft and sell their arts. We didn't travel outside of the port area too far. We did get to make it down to the Fire station and the firefighters talked with us and told us about their procedures and showed us around a little bit. Haiti was beautiful. Beaches everywhere. Places to relax and soak up the sun and swim. I thoroughly enjoyed this vacation and recommend it to anyone and everyone. We loved it so much we have already booked our cruise next year for the Oasis ship. I would absolutely go on this adventure again. I've been telling all my family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances (anyone that will listen) to take this trip-you will not be disappointed. You'll probably fall in love and become addicted to cruising! Big SmileLove

Cruise Photos

Loved our stateroom attendant. He was so kind and always remembered our names. Made it very personal for us. He made us a elephant & dog towels.
Ben & Jerry's, Johnny Rockets, SUSHI, they have a wonderful buffet style in the Windjammer that offers hamburgers, pizza, salads, tacos, roaster turkey, pastas,an assortment of foods. Loved the breakfest buffet as well. The fine dinning-oh.my.goodness.Best shrimp, lobster, aged steak, salmon-I've ever had. They have a good assortment for people who don't like seafood. I'd say they pretty much cover all types of eating styles from picky to "I'll try anything."