Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Independence of the Seas - June 14, 2015

Sail Date: June 14, 2015

The ship was great and had wonderful amenities of which I have become accustomed to as a Royal Caribbean Platinum member.  The entertainment activities were great.  However, I was greatly disappointed with some very popular activities being held in rooms that really did not accommodate the interested individuals and i.e. battle of the sexes and dirty talk which I was locked out of.  Also, I always enjoyed the individualized attention that I usually get at dinner and with the room staff which really was non existent on this cruise.  The people were very kind and polite but it was as if they were too busy.  Maybe there are more assignments responsibilities that what other staff were assigned on pass cruises but I was really disappointed.  I received more care and attention from staff on the Oasis and Allure ships which are much bigger than this one.  On a positive note, the itinerary was great, the weather was great, and I really enjoyed the trip overall.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Excursion to Sandbar Island was enjoyable.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Dunns River Falls and Water Tubing very enjoyable.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Swimming with the stringrays and snorkeling. The water was crystal clear and the sand in the ocean felt delightful.
Snorkeling and it was great.

At Labadee, I returned from an excursion and tried to grab some lunch and everything was pretty much gone even though it was still lunch time. There were no ice carvings, fruit displays, and lunch menu and availability was real basic and not much offered. I was not WOWED at all.