Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good for couples with no kids

Sail Date: January 17, 2015

Nice, clean ship.  Mostly friendly crew.  Family-oriented entertainment and programs lacking.  I have a teen and pre-teen, and I myself am not interested in spa or shopping seminars, which made up most of the daily activities. The activities seemed to cater to older adults or adults with no children, and there were a LOT of older adults onboard.  Kids' Adventure Ocean was not open all day, and charged after 10pm.  If adults with children want to go to after-dinner entertainment they have to pay for child care.  My 11 year-old son didn't really need it (he was willing and able to walk about the ship alone) but there was nothing for him to do that late because Adventure Ocean was closed and nothing else planned for people his age.  Many scheduled activities, including kids' activities, did not start on time, and some kids' activities were cancelled because "there was no one here 15 minutes early so we cancelled it".  My 14 year-old son seemed to really enjoy the teen program, especially at night.  There seemed to be plenty to do for him.  The best part for my 11 year-old son was the FlowRider; he enjoyed learning to boogie board.

Very nice, very clean