Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Independence of the Seas 8 night Jan4-12-2014

Sail Date: January 04, 2014

Enjoyed the cruise very much.  Ship was very clean and seemed to be very organized.  My only negative comments would be for the entertainment.  The ships singers and dancers were good but after a few nights of them preforming we were bored.  Seemed a lot of the same...got bored.  Liked the singing group that was a guest "Home Free".  Really the highlight of the entertainment.  I think the ship should of had more variety.  The parades on the promenade I thought were a little cheesy.  I really saw no purpose of the crew walking back and forth holding pompoms and strange costumes.

Our balcony stateroom on the 8th deck was spacious and well laid out.  Our room steward did a great job.

We enjoyed eating in the MRD but we did do My Time Dining and that was the best decision as we did not like being on a schedule.  Enjoyed meeting new people at the table each night.  Service was good and food was good.  In the Windjammer for buffet was good in general.  We always found something that we liked.  Stay away from the pasta.....very tough and impossible to eat.

Would I go on the IOS again.....in a heart beat.  Would I eat less next time.....sure would try but hard to do with all the temptations.

Find a quiet place to sit to watch sail away from the islands. You can appreciate the beauty so much more than fighting a crowd.