Whole family Sick with noro virus and no compensation cruise

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Harmony of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 09, 2017

Ship: Harmony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11276

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

My entire family ended up sick with the Norrel virus. Because everyone was sick at different times and I had small children I informed the staff that I was unable to take anyone down to the clinic due to the fact that I had other children that were well but I had to take Cara. My entire family of 6+ truck with the virus except for me. I was nauseous but never was full of sick. It literally ruined our cruise. We were unable to attend multiple activities or even leave our rooms for days on end. I told Staff about it, and was referred to present to the clinic, but I could not go because my family is so sick I cannot get them they told me they would send up a doctor to check us out in our cabin and that never happened. Sometime when I tried to go down to talk about reimbursement for the days we were sick, they told us they have no proof of our illness because the doctor never came to my cabin. I am very frustrated by this and will probably never sandwich while creating again due to this one reason. The last day of the cruise my whole family was sick and we had to pack our bags, but they told me I needed to go down to the clinic. How was I supposed to pack my bags to get off the ship and be ready to leave the next morning when I was down in the clinic with my sick family.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

What we were able to eat when my entire family wasn’t puking was decent, but we were only able to eat 4 days out of the seven days because everyone was puking.

Flowrider

Husband loved it!!! At least on the days he could use it and was not puking!!!

Both of my kids got sick 3 days in to the cruise..... not sure where they got it from, but they really need to consider in investing in the automatic hand washers like they have on Disney cruises

I was fairly disappointed with the cleanliness of the ship. The horses on the carousel where disgusting, covered with black and sticky, the golf clubs were sticky to the touch and covered in black and really disgusting. Everything else seem to be OK.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Need more cabanas to rent

Falmouth, Jamaica