Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Harmony of the Seas - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Overall, the brand new ship is lovely, but it's very large.  First, the staterooms are the best I've ever seen.  Whether the balcony faces the water or the park, they're incredibly spacious and very comfortable.  I was concerned about noise facing the interior, but I didn't hear a peep after 11pm and the view was pretty great to people watch.  The entertainment options were vast as well as the sports and rec and the Abyss was awesome!  The food was just o.k. - nothing terrible, but nothing that really stood out as well.  I expected much more from a new ship, especially Royal Caribbean.  The service level was the same as the food - just o.k.  Some crew members were amazing, while others behaved as if they were worn out and would rather be anywhere else.  I believe the size played a large part of the lackluster service - the crew had over 6000 guests at one time!  You saw it in the stateroom attendants (whom we barely saw but knew they had been there because the room was clean), the dining staff (we felt rushed at times because tables needed to be turned over quickly so everyone could eat), and the bars would run out of items, suggesting you visit another location for the same drink.  The one thing I really miss is the drink of the day.  It's no longer an option which is disappointing because the drink packages were so expensive and a complete waste of money.  Overall, It was a great experience but I prefer the slightly smaller ships where the service is more personalized.  It felt like a really large hotel and not a cruise ship.

Awesome! It was very spacious and comfortable, no problems with noise at all and the balcony was great for people watching.
Barcelona, Spain
LA JOLIETTE (MARSEILLE), FRANCE
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
One day in Rome is not enough. Traffic was so bad, and the city was so far from the ship, that in the 11 hours we were in port, we were only able to see 2 sites.
Naples, Italy

Be prepared to walk! The ship is huge and spread out. Also, although the casino is split between smoking and nonsmoking sections, the smoke often wafted out into the hall and could be smelled as you left the restaurant. The pools were also very small.