Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Loved so much about it!

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 11 days ago

Loved the ship, our stops, our excursions, the entertainment, the staff!  It was a super trip.  My only complaint is that the food is nothing like Oceania or Celebrity.  it leaves something to be desired.

We ate in the Main Dining Room twice and enjoyed those evenings except for the wait to get in (despite reservations).  I noticed American Icon had many empty tables.  RC ought to send people down there when they have lines and figure out a way for staff to deal with it in that restaurant.

The specialty restaurants could've been better.  I was very under impressed with Wonderland.  One did not know what they were getting until it arrived.  If one did not order a ton of appetizers, one would walk away hungry because the main entries were neither tasty nor filling.

150 central was OK.  Chops was the best of the three that we went to and we went there twice.  I found the menus at all specialty restaurants to be slim.  They should each have offered more selections.

My Royal IQ app never worked properly after the first day.  We were never able to access our calendar.  We went to Guest Relations a few times and also the iPad stands but no-one could help us anywhere.

Please note: No need to hire private transport from pier to airport.  There are plenty of taxis available because so many are coming in with passengers, even early in the morning.

The Headliner show got cancelled before we even boarded the ship and the Comedy Standup show was also cancelled.  Fortunately an illusionist was brought onto the ship to help make up the gap but it was disappointing.

LOVED all the storage space!!! LOVED our attendant, Ricardo! Hated that we had to ask for shampoo and cream rinse, Really! Did not like that water was not provided in the rooms without being charged. I think two bottles left in the room at night is a great touch. Missed not having a bathrobe provided. That has not happened on the other cruise lines we have been on. Loved the balcony. Plenty of room to stretch out.
Barcelona, Spain
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Vatican Gardens tour and Summer Home was great! Included Sistine Chapel. Only 11 of us!
Naples, Italy Small

Book your shows asap and then figure out your dining options. Sounds easy until shows get cancelled and/or submitted and the times change.

Bingo was not good at all! I cannot believe they did not do a Blackjack at the end and that more games weren't played. Oceania does more games for less.