Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

HAD A GREAT TIME

Sail Date: October 13, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The ship was nice, but I wish there were chairs in most areas designed for us with lager than average hips. I had to sit on benches in the  café and ask for armless chair in the Gatsby dining room. Our waiter, Alex was wonderful as well as his crew. Food in main dining room was good (loved the aromatic seafood soup!) but not great. Since they understandably took away the midnight buffets, they could have used their imagination in the main dining room. We did eat in Chops, the steakhouse, one night since they had to move us to another room because of having to do work where we were and they gave us dinner in our choice of restaurants. Chops was amazing. The food and service by our server, Red, was the best I have had in eons! If I do RC again, I will definitely go to Chops again, just once. My close personal friends in Guest services (had to spend quite a bit of time with them but did get things straightened out) were so helpful. We loved the first room we had on 7th deck, but the beds on the room we got moved to 2 nights before we left were horrible. They were hard, lumpy and almost on the ground. I even asked for new mattresses but they didn't have any so they did bring mattress pads, which helped some. The entertainment was for the most part excellent. I liked that the ship was one of the smaller ones, easier to learn my way around and I got to see a lot of the same people again. Thanks again to Red, Alex, and his crew, and Guest Services.

7084 was very good, with nice, high beds. 3626 was not a room to ever choose, which we got moved to.

Nice ship, but add more seating in all areas for large hipped people.
Work on desserts in Gatsby dining room.

1 Comment