Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An all around great time.

Sail Date: November 29, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Our first Cruise. Expecting the same confusion as one encounters with airports and flying, but, Royal Caribbean has it down to a science. Parking, baggage, boarding, activities, food and leaving at the end. I am so impressed with the entire operation.

We found time to catch up on things our daily lives push to the side. We were very happy with the food, and the shows. The pool and hot tub areas were immaculate, and the staff with only one exception were wonderful.

If you book your excursions online, the staff at the excursion desk takes a hands off approach to answering questions. I found that disappointing as I booked them through the Royal Caribbean web sight. Excursion pass tickets were tendered first. Yet our passes from the web sight were ignored because we booked directly with the excursion companies through a link, not with the excursion desk. Once, I figured this out, I was able to frame my questions so the excursion desk staff was more cooperative. Sometimes with a little prompting, but, it all worked fine.

Our stateroom was great in almost every respect. My only critique negative was the mini refrigerator was not installed in the cabinet, probably because a hole needed to be drilled for the cord to reach the plug. The space the refrigerator occupied would have been a good spot for my suit case.

All in all a great cruise.

Very comfortable, clean, and well maintained.

Izumi restaurant was great. Excursions booked online in advance through Royal Caribbean links have little support from the excursion desk staff.

1 Comment