Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: November 29, 2015

I always hear that Royal Caribbean is so much better than Carnival.  I did not find this to be so.

Food:  A few nights the menus in the main dining room were so uninspired that we went upstairs to the Windjammer.  I have never been on a cruise where I had to do this.

Entertainment:  Pretty good.  The comedians were good and so were the production shows.  However, one night they actually just showed a movie.  While at sea, it was mostly trivia with a few other activities sprinkled in.  It was the usual cruise faire.  The passengers were mostly older, so there were limited opportunities for late night dancing and hanging out.

Service:  Very good.

Ports:  Also, very good

Other:  I did not appreciate being "attacked" several times, even before I got on the boat to purchase stuff-- drink packages and costly restaurants.  It was also a bit chaotic getting off the boat.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience.  I was looking to simply get away and relax and I was certainly able to do that.