Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not So Cool

Sail Date: July 24, 2015

Room Type: Suite

My wife and I sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas, July 24, 2015, round trip Baltimore, MD./Bahamas. Ports of call, ships itinerary and service to accommodate from the officer's to the galley were absolutely professional in every degree.

However the suite we were assigned did not breathe, no a/c first two days at sea including the first formal dining night (my birthday, dressed in a full tuxedo and my wife in her ballroom gown).  After multiple attempts to get air conditioning fixed, the management decided to move us to another stateroom, the night of the first formal dinner, this stateroom worse than the first, we said no, we'll get off here. They found another stateroom for us, this one satisfactory but proceeded to loose a/c over next three days on cruise.

Now we proceeded to celebrate  our anniversary and my wife's birthday. I purchased a full stateroom birthday decoration in addition to a $100.00 floral arrangement to surprise her prior to embarking on our cruise. (needless to say the tropical plant was doing great!!)

Our compensation for all of this, minimal. Would not recommend Grandeur of the Seas if you appreciate cool air, PS.(don't look for cool water either!!)

No a/c, had to move twice
ship's bones in bad condition
Baltimore, Maryland
Port Canaveral, Florida
No time for shopping when arrived at 2:00pm and had a 2.5 hour excursion, all shops close at 5-5:30pm
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)