Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Family Vacation

Sail Date: February 21, 2015

We had the time of our life on this cruise!   I was impressed with Tony and Maria in the Windjammer.  They remembered our names, what we drank, and where we usually sat.  The ship itself was a little rustier than it was last year.  The one big problem I had was that when I booked the cruise I was supposed to get $200 on-board credit, but I never got it.  My daughter called before our cruise and you told us that they would take care of that on the ship.  However, I never got the credit.   I was skeptical about using the internet for booking my cruise before, but I let them talk me into it.  I feel like I'm getting the run around here.  Will I ever see that $200?

The ship had paint peeling off and was rusty. They didn't even paint it in ports...
Always a big selection for everyone!
I did wait most of the night for maintenance to fix the sink faucet. They didn't show up and I had to get SOME sleep before going onto the island. Thankfully it was fixed before we got back on board. Our stateroom attendant called them to have it fixed - and they showed up for him!
I can't remember our stateroom attendant's name right now, but he was fantastic! And Maria and Tony from the Windjammer were wonderful, too!
I didn't go to all the shows because they didn't all interest me. However, the ones I attended were GREAT!
My grandson said that the activities looked okay, but there were some real jerks who made him not want to participate.
Again, it depends on what you like to do. If you like to dance and do trivia, the activities were great.
We had a ball no matter where we were. But, we did make our own fun! The trip to Mexico kinda made me mad. We weren't given any time to shop. And we sat on the boat for an hour waiting on other tours to get back. We could have been shopping all that time!
Baltimore, Maryland
Except the waiting around for other excursions to come back. Would have liked that to be different!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Falmouth, Jamaica
Again, we made our own fun!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
I hate people coming into my face and screaming at me. If I say no, it's no! Don't come closer to me and yell. That won't get you a sale!

All of the Trivia was held in the bar. If you didn't want to play trivia, you were told to be quiet so they could hear. You couldn't even drink at the Viking Bar because of private parties. I wanted to sit down in a comfortable chair, have a beer, and have fun with my family and friends...