Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cured our curiosity for ever Cruising in the furture

Sail Date: January 24, 2015

Cabin: 2

I think RCCL's  offer by giving travelers 1 day towards another cruise as compensation for their unfortunate experience aboard Grandeur of the Sea's" fell very short.  One day doesn't cover the disappointment in not seeing Haiti, or compensation for having most of the activities canceled , and I believe the person who paid the bill for the trip be it 1 or 5 travelers should have the option of a refund.  I understand the person with the head injury desperately needed medical attention,  the person should have been transported off the ship in Jamaica and then transported by air from there since the incident occurred while we were still in the port of Falmouth.  RCCL wouldn't come off a dime if your life depended on it. This was clearly demonstrated.  I was in the infirmary at the time,  so I know first hand.

The norovirus was down played enormously .  They separated and quarantined the passengers and the families luggage of the sick . To get an idea how just how many people were really ill,  one would only have to look at the luggage at the disembarkation area as the ratio of ill passengers and their families were 2-1.

I would also like to know what sticky chemical was used to spray on the dinning tables, furniture, counter tops etc. since we have had a rash (  5 of us ) since the day prior to arriving in the Baltimore Harbor.

I think the only way RCCL will ever concede or acknowledge their responsibilities and their culpability is if their ship burned down.  Oh wait!  That's a different story.

Should be sunk and used as a future "Diving exscursion "
Food was great but " My timing Dining" is a joke, you still need to make reservations within a hour or so, and they'll be happy to seat you if you would like to eat after 8 p.m.
Some of the cruise members were great!, After the virus became rampant and activities canceled they became as frustrated as the passengers while trying to placate the guest and the neverending line at the Guest service's desk.
They canceled most Entertainment and activities due to Norovirus. Don't have anything to compare with, when there isn't any
Pretty Bad when you never reach your DESTINATION!

Best tip you'll ever get? CHOOSE ANOTHER SHIP OR CRUISE LINE!!

1 Comment