Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Crew, Staff and Entertainers worked so hard to keep us healthy and safe

Sail Date: January 24, 2015

We've done a lot of cruising and we completely enjoy being on the sea.  This was the first time I've been sick and also my husband also got Montezuma's revenge about 5 days later, both happened to be sea days.   When we returned we heard that about 10% of the passengers got a noravirus, or something, not desirable.

Obviously someone or several people got on sick and I'm sure that the ship had no way of knowing who or what they were carrying with them.  When you have that many people, illness can travel quickly.  In spite of that I can say that all the staff worked their hardest to keep us healthy and safe.  They worked endless hours trying to keep the illness to a minimum and I know that was not easy.

This was not how we intended to vacation, but it happens.

SHip has been updated and looks great.
The food was very good.
Gloria, our stateroom attendant and also our server Raymond and his assistant were great
Nice variety of many different entertainers.
Children's Programs NA
Onboard Activities NA
Destinations and Excursions NA
Who ever selected the high sink and the low faucet made a mistake. I never felt I could wash my hands in my room as well as I could in the woman's bathrooms.
Baltimore, Maryland
Great Port, lots to do and see there
Shopping and the long beachfront
George Town, Grand Cayman
Visit the shops, we had been to the Turtle Farm and Hell and Back before.
Falmouth, Jamaica
Shopping seemed limited.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island) Cruise by passed Labadee due to illness.

I did not realize that the pastries with Starbucks were complimentary if you asked, even without coffee

1 Comment