Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Grand Treatment

Sail Date: November 11, 2014

I enjoyed this cruise and loved the staff. Upon setting foot aboard the ship, it's clear that everything is going to be grand. Sure, the ships a little old and people seem to enjoy complaining in reviews, but all that aside, it got a recent makeover and accommodations are fantastic. It's a smaller ship, so everything's just right. I recommend getting the drink package, it's a great deal if you're young and can hold your liquor. The bars are all fantastic, though the nightclub was a bit stagnant and average, whereas other bars have superb bartenders: the casino (Renald, Algeria) and schooner (Sharon, Jamaica) were always there to make me smile. The staterooms are much smaller than a hotel, but you are really only there to sleep for a few hours anyway. Our room was always clean and beds made as if out of nowhere. Towel animals were enjoyed each evening. If you're interested in learning a new game, approach one of the dealers and strike up a conversation. I learned craps with no stress, and when I was comfortable, I played and had a blast. Food and drink is essential, and it's everywhere - just have a walk and discover something to munch on or sip. At the pool deck, during the daytime servers come around and offer cocktails, they also take orders, so on days at sea get some sun! Ate breakfast and lunch once each in the formal dinning room, and ate all dinners in the formal dinning room. The breakfast took a length of time with several courses, if chosen. Lunch was friendly with a gourmet salad buffet. Dinner was my favorite, our Waiters Leah and Renald were fantastic and were eager to please our tastes. Food was exceptional, I tried many new things and the quality was made from scratch and the taste was phenomenal. It's 5-star dinning in the middle of the water, and it's pretty awesome. The other options on the ship for food are good, windjammer and in the solarium there were always something to enjoy. Eat in the formal dinning room for dinner and always take the after dinner shots, always. This was a 10 day cruise, which had a limited amount of younger, late twenty somethings, but it didn't stop the fun. The ports are all fantastic, take a snorkel/kayak/hiking adventure!

Baltimore, Maryland
Start drinking!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
ZipLine is a blast!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Nice local brewery. Go on an adventure into the rain forest!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Snorkel, Kyaak, Hike
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach excursion. Don't bother with the food package, walk to the right side of the beach and check out the nudist side.

Get the drink package!