Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Second Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: October 16, 2014

This was my second cruise this year on Grandeur of the Seas.  I like this ship because it isn't so big that you feel lost on it.  The crew are all so friendly and very professional in whatever their position.  I was disappointed once again with the shops on board as it was the same merchandise on both cruises with very little to choose from.  When one is cruising we have money to spend and people to buy for but there was nothing that appealed to me to purchase other than the tops in the Marco Polo shop.  Which I might add are very good quality and priced good.  Many years ago I did many trans atlantic crossings on Cunard line ships, ie Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and others who had lovely shops.  I hope by the time I cruise again this will have improved.  Also, unless you play the slots their wasn't very much to do.  Some people I spoke to said they went to Bingo but not again as just too expensive.  Should have been more movies during the afternoon.

Very good quality, variety and presentation of all meals. Windjammer buffet was always fresh and so much to choose from. Not the usual buffet at all.
Annie, the young lady who was our cabin steward for 4504. Did a great job and so friendly. Gave some lovely tips when we felt sea sick. Her husband is in the dining room and he was just lovely with always a smile and so helpful. Carlos I believe was his name.
The shows in the Palladium are always good. Enjoyed them all.
Children's Programs dna
Not enough if you don't play the slots, bingo etc., Would have liked some afternoon fun movies. Do not want to see gruesome films.
Enjoyed the excursions we took though disappointed in the Bay of Fundy one as not what it was described as being. The "duck" tour of Halifax was out of the world. Two young men were the guides and so informative. Would do this one again.
It's a good size and the bathroom is compact but you don't feel cramped. Plenty of storage, comfortable beds and very clean. The large window is wonderful.
Baltimore, Maryland
Easy to get to and for people dropping off and picking up very convenient.
Portland, Maine
Interesting place but if you have issues walking this can be trying as it's hilly and the roads and pavements are old and uneven.
Bar Harbor, Maine
A lovely upscale port. It was a lovely adventure to be transported to the dock by tender.
Saint John, New Brunswick
Very interesting but I think we might have chosen the wrong excursion as didn't see what we thought we were going to. Would have to find another excursion if were to visit here again. We did learn many things about this area though.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We were thrilled with this port and wish we could have spent more time here. It's a lovely city and the excursion we took of the port and city was very enjoyable. Would love to go there again.

If one has walking issues this is the ship for you. Not so big that it wears you out just getting about. Docking in Baltimore is so convenient for me and so many other people I spoke to on board.