Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Fabulous Trip!

Sail Date: May 16, 2014

This was my first cruise and it far exceeded my expectations!  Service at every level was superb and they were very conscientious with the cleanliness of the ship.  Hand sanitizer was doled out by staff at the entrance of eating areas and staff were often observed wiping down railings and other commonly touched areas.  As a nurse, this was greatly appreciated!  Food was great and the live entertainment was extraordinary!  We had a great population mix with passengers of all ages.  It wasn't a "geriatric" cruise as one of my friends experienced on another cruise line and children were well behaved.  Excursions were such a great bonus for me.  I especially loved the air boat ride into the Everglades at Port Canaveral.  Not only did we see a couple of alligators, we got to taste some fried alligator afterward.  A herd of cattle had broken loose from from their territory and were in the water near us being herded back by dogs and several farmers on horses.  The stop at Nassau was filled with shopping at the largest straw market in the world where you can practice your bargaining skills, more shopping on Bay Street, and then some sightseeing at the mega resort - Atlantis!  Be sure and stop at the Daiquiri Shack there...the Miami Vice mixed drink is the BEST!  Windy weather delayed passengers getting on tender boats to head out to Coco Cay for our 3rd stop.  The captain relocated the ship and after a couple of hours, we eventually were OK'd to head to the island and what a gorgeous sight!  My daughter went snorkeling while I enjoyed the sights and sounds from a lounge chair.  A picnic lunch was provided on the beach that day.  I would highly recommend Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas!

Children's Programs N/A
Would have loved to have had a small refrigerator in the room.

See my earlier summary.