worse vacation experience ever

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: April 05, 2014
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

We were notified the afternoon before departure that the ship had a virus on board and Royal Caribbean would work with customers if we wanted to change our plans, but as we were almost to Baltimore we decided to go anyway.  The ship left late, during the wait we were handed 2 letters from the cruiseline downplaying the illness.  Once on the ship everywhere we went a crew member had purel for our hands but in the windjammer - the buffet restaurant -  the crew members constantly wiped down chairs, tables, railings with rags that were dipped in water, wrung out and on to another table.  In my opinion this was spreading disease.  We were lucky because we didn't get sick until the last day of the cruise.  When I called the cruise line declined any help and said could I prove I got sick on their ship. Meanwhile my family called to inform us that the ship and sickness were on the news on tv.  This whole experience could have been prevented if the cruiseline would have notified us days earlier as we would have changed our cruise dates.  Also the cruise is not very good with handicap people.  Would we ever travel with Royal Caribbean again, NEVER.  We would go back to Carnival or Princess.