Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Overall Good

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

I literally just left the cruise. I'm saddened, yet also relieved. I'll talk about the positives first. The wait staff was incredible. Every staff member I came to contact with was just wonderful and charming. The cruise director, Ricky, was especially energetic, delightful, and made the cruising experience super fun. The food is also amazing. For casual dining, the Windjammer was excellent. With so many choices, I was able to get what I wanted, when I wanted. I found myself comparing the Windjammer food to other familiar restaurants such as McDonald's and found Windjammer won every comparison. The main dining room was also fun. The portions weren't huge and that made it easy to get a three course meal. I loved the waiters. They were so sweet and charming. I also met lots of sweeties on the cruise. I'm guessing being on vacation mode helped to lighten the mood as well.

Now for the negatives. The day before boarding the cruise, I got a text from an unfamiliar number. It was from the cruiseline telling me about the gastrointestinal disease that was spread to over 100 people on the current group of cruisers. That was definitely unsettling. Every cruiser during our stay was forced to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer whenever a soap dispenser was made available. Although sanitary, it definitely got annoying to have to stop what you're doing to be reminded of the sickness. Another negative was that the wait to get off the ship at each port was unneccesarily long. I noticed adults cutting and it felt like 3rd grade all over again. We waited probably 30-45 minutes just to get off the cruise. My legs are still sore--no joke.

Make sure to participate in everything you can! You're only in paradise for a limited time!