10 day cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 18, 2014

Overall the trip was nice. I felt 10 days was too long. I preferred 7 days. The staff was excellent and very helpful especially when we hit the storm. Several things I missed from previous cruises was missing - 1. too many paying restrauants. 2. Missed the individual small nightclubs that are on other ships. 3. Missed the bed mints that were put on the pillows, this is small but was a nice touch. 4. Would like to have the ice cream and coffee 24 hours. It closed before the evening movies were over. 5. More variety at the park lane cafe after hours.6. I called 2 times before sailing if we could bring our own bottle water since my husband was diabetic. I was told no, but saw several people bringing it onboard. I was told we could have water 24 hours but on the ship - We had to buy it or bring it down by a glass instead of having it available to us. On a high note the dining staff at our table was excellent and very friendly, calling us by name each night. Our room  steward was also very friendly and helpful.

Make sure you take your own cold medicine in case you get sick. Prices on ship were triple what they are at home.

would stay on the ship next time