3 strikes your out

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Bahamas (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 31, 2014
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

when I booked this cruise in late july i wanted an early seating for dinner,or at least my time dining.All that was available to me was at 8:00p.m.,first strike!when i got on the ship the first thing i did was see the maitre'd in the dining room and was told that the ship was full and i could not only not have early dining,but my time dining was also "sold out" whatever that means.then i go to my cabin at 1:00 p.m. and hear cabin stewards banging around in the room attached to my cabin,this continued throughout the entire cruise at just about any time of the day,along with stewards yelling to each other in the corridors,strike 2.I did not complain to anyone as these days you never know what could come of it!!!then i see a guest group that had to average 60-65 years old and the cruise happenings on the ship were more geared to that crowd.I ave nothing against an older crowd, except that when i read reviews before booking,that the age range for this cruise was supposed to be 30's to 50's.strike 3.also came in to play was the deal where made a payment withdrawal from my checking account that was unauthorized even though when I called to see why this was done they tried to tell me that I authorized it.NO WAY!! this made my car insurance payment to bounce and cost me 33.00 for overdrawn account!     di return my 24.95 booking fee which helped replace part of their mistake,but i still had the embarassment of an overdrawn account!!!!

the windjammer café was a nice answer to not have to wait till 8:00 p.mp to eat ,decent assortment and not too busy!

nothing to do at terminal
nothing at port