A Fabulous Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

7 Night Special Caribbean (Tampa To San Juan)
Sail Date: April 29, 2006
The Grandeau of the Sea is a beautiful ship and I would travel on it again. My last Cruise was with Carnival "Fantasy" and in no way can I compare that ship to the Grandeau, Its elegance and and decor are amazing. The Solarium pool area was such a nice touch.

Our Waiters "Anil and Ollike" were excellant. We never experienced a bad meal or service.

The Matre' D was very accomidating and made sure that we got a table for two as we wished. We were real happy about that.

The pool area was real nice but we found it very hard to find a lounge that wasn't with a towel on it being saved until the people felt like claiming it, we mentioned this to a staff member and was told that there wasn't much they could do about it and the just wanted to keep people happy. The next day we did notice that another staff member was going around removing towels left on the lounges after a period of time. So in their own way they did handle the situation. With a ship that size I believe that they should make more room for sun bathing around the pool. Too much space is taken up with whatever they have going as entertainment which I found to be very loud and a bit annoying.

The room was kept up well, although I must admit I was a bit concerned with the dust behind the lights on the wall on each side of the bed. I worried that it could catch on fire, being so clost to the bulb.
The colorful birds at the port, we had a lot of fun with them as we had our picture taken with them, Every one there was so friendly and accommidating, It is not an Island that I would want to visit again though, The beach area was rough and dirty looking.
This island was a little bit better than Cozumel,
Aruba is by far the best Island. Not only very clean and well kept. It is an elegant beautiful place to be. The water and beaches ars fabulous. I would return there anyday.

Pros: The sunset and sunrises were spectacular

Cons: disembarkment to the tender boats at Georgetown, the way it was handled caused to many people in one place at the same time.