Grand Princess Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

Save Your Money for a Better Cruise

Sail Date: February 18, 2014

Although this was only our 2nd Cruise, it was our First with Princess. It will be our Last too. The ship was reported to have been Rehabed in 2011 with upgrades. If I owned the Cruise Line I'd be demanding some money back cause you couldn't show me 1 upgrade on the ship. Compared to the last cruise ship we were on, I think the Flintstones sailed on The Grand Princess. We knew we were in trouble when we left San Francisco over 2 hours late. The Food was another Major disappointment (again compared to our last cruise back in 07) Rooms are on the Small size with very little space for enough cloths for 15 days. Excursions and many items on the ship are way over priced.Internet Service is VERY, VERY Slow. Took over 10 minutes to get on line only to find out I was Charged from the very start. Had to pay for 10 minutes of NOTHING. No TV service except for old reruns and Lots of Commericals for Princess Cruise Lines ( After 15 days of the same crap, I bet you too could say the entire commerical) Back to the ship having been rehabed back in 2011, they seemed to have forgotten to replace the Jets in the Hot Tubs. I couldn't find 1 of the 4 tubs that worked at all. The best thing I can say is that I feel sorry for the Crew. They tried their Best in every way to make the cruise enjoyable But even that was not enough to save the Cruise. All we can do is Hope and Pray that another Cruise Line decides to start up with a 15 day Hawaii Cruise. Then maybe Princess will clean up their act and stop ripping people off.

Same Cold Food
Very Small with Not Enough storage for 15 days of cloths
Only good thing about the cruise
Very Little
Destination is Great, Ship Excursions are way over priced

Try the same 15 day cruise out of LA as long as it's not the Grand Princess. It might be a little better.