Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Cruise to the Caribbean

Sail Date: February 27, 2009

The ship was clean & inviting, especially for a ship over 10 years old. The staff was friendly , courteous, and helpful, for the most part. There are always a few employees who don't do their jobs.

Pros: Anytime Dining

Cons: Congestion in the Horizon Court Buffet

Recommends Grand Princess? Yes!

Kingstown, St. Vincent
Bridgetown, Barbados
Grand Turk Island
A beautiful beach & Olympic pool free for the cruise ship passengers to use. Margaritaville restaurant & gift shop & other shops right off the dock.
Willemstad, Curacao
A lovely port. The floating bridge is a must see.
Oranjestad, Aruba
We did the Harleys in Paradise tour. We loved it. We went from one end of the island to the other & covered so many points of interest. Our guide was so very knowledgable. My only complaint was that when we went to the tour place to sign paperwork & pick up our guide & the Harleys I found out we could have done the tour with the guide for half the price that Princess was charging. I understand that a profit needs to be made but double the price is ridiculous.
La Romana, Dominican Republic
Very poor city.
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
I did not care for this port. There were guides in red coats you were supposed to keep in sight. I went back to the ship after walking about 20 minutes.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas