Cruise to the Caribbean

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

14 Night Caribbean Collection (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2009
Ship: Grand Princess
The ship was clean & inviting, especially for a ship over 10 years old. The staff was friendly , courteous, and helpful, for the most part. There are always a few employees who don't do their jobs.
I did not care for this port. There were guides in red coats you were supposed to keep in sight. I went back to the ship after walking about 20 minutes.
We did the Harleys in Paradise tour. We loved it. We went from one end of the island to the other & covered so many points of interest. Our guide was so very knowledgable. My only complaint was that when we went to the tour place to sign paperwork & pick up our guide & the Harleys I found out we could have done the tour with the guide for half the price that Princess was charging. I understand that a profit needs to be made but double the price is ridiculous.
A beautiful beach & Olympic pool free for the cruise ship passengers to use. Margaritaville restaurant & gift shop & other shops right off the dock.
I love St Thomas and all the shopping. So much to choose from
Very poor city.
A lovely port. The floating bridge is a must see.

Pros: Anytime Dining

Cons: Congestion in the Horizon Court Buffet

Recommends Grand Princess? Yes!